Kentucky 4-H State Fair
The Kentucky State Fair hosts 4-H projects from across the state in Cloverville. Cloverville consists of 18 divisions where 4-H'ers can showcase their projects. In order to exhibit a 4-H project in Cloverville, 4-H'ers must first compete in their county and be selected as the grand champion in the class. These grand champions advance to the Kentucky State Fair and are exhibited in Cloverville where they are judged on the Danish System.
Kentucky 4-H believes that all youth should have opportunities for positive youth development in four guiding concepts: mastery, belonging, independence and generosity. The Kentucky State Fair 4-H events demonstrate a 4-Her’s level of mastery in project work through completion of displayed items.
4-H'ers can be involved in Cloverville in a variety of ways from exhibiting projects, conducting demonstrations, and performing talents on stage.
During the State Fair, 4-H livestock events are taking place across the fairgrounds. (See livestock rules for more information on these events.) 4-H'ers can also compete in judging events, bicycle rodeo, quiz bowls, skill-a-thons, and much more.
- Arts https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/visual-arts
- Bicycle https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/engineering
- Communication & Leadership https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/leadership
- Crops https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/plant-science
- Consumer & Financial Education https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/consumer-and-financial-education
- Country Ham https://afs.ca.uky.edu/meats/4-h-country-ham-project
- Dairy Judging Contest https://afs.ca.uky.edu/4h-youth/dairy
- Dog https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/agriculture/dog-program
- Electric https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/energy
- Entomology & Honey https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/4HEnt
- Foods https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/food-and-nutrition
- Food Preservation https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/food-and-nutrition
- Forestry http://forestry.ca.uky.edu/4H-forestry
- Geology https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/geology
- Home Environment https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/home-environment
- Horticulture & Plant Science https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/horticulture
- Land Judging https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/plant-science
- Lawn Tractor / Petroleum Power https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/small-engines
- Needlework https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/clothing-textiles
- Photography https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/visual-arts
- Poultry https://afs.ca.uky.edu/4h-youth/poultry
- Rabbits https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/rabbit
- Sewing https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/sewing
- Wood Science https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/natural-resources
Events and Activities
Events and activities will happen during the Kentucky State Fair August 17-27, 2017, Louisville Kentucky, Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center. For a more detailed schedule of activities https://4-h.ca.uky.edu/https%3A//4-h.ca.uky.edu/content/kentucky-4-h-state-fair.
State Contact: Kimberly Adams Leger, email@example.com, (859)257-7179