National Youth Science Day
- 4-H NYSD Fact Sheet (coming soon)
- Volunteer Opportunities
4‑H National Youth Science Day (NYSD) is the world’s largest youth-led science experiment. Every year thousands of youth take part in the National Science Challenge focusing on important STEM topics and issues.
Kentucky 4-H believes that all youth should have opportunities for positive youth development in our four guiding concepts: mastery, belonging, independence, and generosity. This project fosters mastery by encouraging youth to learn more about scientific experimentation and engineering design through hands-on challenges each year; Belonging by encouraging youth to work with a group with similar interests and an experienced and caring adult to learn about opportunities and careers related a variety of STEM related fields; Independence by practicing the skills learned to solve real world problems on new and different topics each year; Generosity by using the skills they have developed to lead other youth and adults in experimentation and experimental design. Contact your county extension office for more information (link).
- 4-H National Youth Science Day web site (National 4-H Council)
- 2017 4-H NYSD Experiment - Incredible Wearables (coming soon)
- Ordering 2017 4-H NYSD Experiment Kits (4-H Mall - coming soon)
- Past 4-H NYSD Experiments (National 4-H Council)
- Kentucky 4-H NYSD in-service opportunities (coming soon)
- 4-H National Youth Science Day - October 2017 (coming soon)
State Contact: Torey Earle, Extension Specialist for 4-H Youth Development - Science, Engineering and Technology; Office/ Mailing Address: UK College of Engineering Paducah Campus, CLC 210, 4810 Alben Barkley Drive, Paducah, KY 42002-7380; Phone: 270-534-3105; Fax: 270-534-6292; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org