Performing Arts Leadership Board
The Kentucky 4-H Performing Arts Troupe and Leadership Board
The KY 4-H Performing Arts Troupe & Board is a group of amazing and talented high school teens who love to sing and perform. Members will attend a music camp, perform at various 4-H State level events, learn about careers related to the performing arts and lead a Performing Arts workshop for middle school 4-H members. The troupe will be made of 15 performers and 3 Technical Staff (Stage, Sound & Lighting).
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/KY4HPAT/
- Applicants must be in grades 8-11 at the time of application so that they are in grades 9 through 12 during their year of service.
- Must attend Music Camp, 4-H Summit and Teen Conference
- Commitment to attend at least 3 shows a year beyond events listed above
- A written letter of explanation MUST be submitted to the director for all missed events. Missing three events can result in being removed from the troupe!
- 4-H'ers are responsible for their own expenses and travel arrangements to and from the performances. Scholarship for conferences may be available.
- Complete the Applicant Information Form
- Attach required typed pages (Narrative of qualifications, Performing Arts Programming Proposal)
- Application is due May 1st.
- Participate in live audition at Teen Conference.
- Auditions will take place the Monday of Teen Conference at 2:00 p.m. June 12, 2017.
- Flyer pat_flyer_2016.pdf
The 4-H Performing Arts Troupe Director and selection committee will select the talent they feel is most appropriate for a statewide presentation. Their decision will be final. They reserve the right to select additional talent as needed. Presenting the most outstanding show we can is our goal.
4-H'ers who are selected as members of the Kentucky 4-H Performing Arts Troupe will receive more information including rehearsal and performance dates, expectations, commitment, etc.
The Kentucky 4-H Performing Arts Troupe is designed to showcase talent while increasing each individual’s confidence, responsibility and leadership as a member of a team. The Kentucky 4-H Performing Arts Troupe is truly a team concept. Participants will be announced at the closing ceremony of Teen Conference.
Major performances planned include: Kentucky State Fair, 4-H Summit, 4-H Teen Conference, Kentucky Volunteer Forum and other state level opportunities as requested.
Contact your County 4-H Agent or contact:
Jennifer Tackett, Extension Specialist for 4-H Youth Development
Kentucky 4-H Youth Development Programs
College of Agriculture
212 Scovell Hall
Lexington, KY 40546-0064