- About 4-H
- Lake Cumberland 4-H Educational Center
- Programs and Events
- Animal Sciences
- Dog Programs
- Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Shooting Sports
- State Fair
- Family & Consumer Science
- Natural Resources
- 4-H Camp
- County Offices
- 4-H Access
State Shooting Sports Competition
2013 STATE SHOOTING SPORTS COMPETITION REGISTRATION FORM
Roster Spreadsheet - To be used to record club members' name and birthdate. (Excel) Due in the State Office by July 1, 4:30 pm EDT.
Registration CD or email attachment and Fees are due by 4:30 pm EDT on August 1, 2013.
Please send to:
KY 4-H SS Ed. COMM
P.O. Box 361 Brookville, KY 41004
OR email email@example.com
All volunteer information must be emailed to Tracy Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15th. Each county must provide one volunteer for each 4 participants (or portion thereof) on Saturday's event and one volunteer for each 5 participants (or portion thereof) for Sunday's event - See Rule 7 for details.
State Competion 2013
Please check your county info for accuracy. Check back weekly for an updated list. If corrections are needed, please contact Tracy Tucker at email@example.com.
- Volunteer 22 Rifle Schedule
- Volunteer Air-22 Pistol Schedule
- Volunteer BB-Air Rifle Schedule
- Volunteer Archery Schedule
- Volunteer Black Powder Schedule
- Volunteer Trap Schedule
- Volunteer Friday Setup Schedule
- Volunteer Sat-Sun Registration Schedule
**Important Volunteer Info**
- ALL Saturday volunteers (except for Volunteer Check-ins) report to ASSIGNED RANGES. You do not have to come to the Registration Building.
- Please be prompt when arriving at your volunteer station. The committee wants to have shooters on the line at 8:00AM sharp this year. Also if you are scheduled later in the day, have consideration for the person you are relieving~they have put in their time.
- Trading/Sharing time slots is allowed if cleared by Range Officer or Volunteer Coordinator Tracy Tucker. And have you shared person sign-in on the Volunteer Sign-in Sheet also. But please remember: YOUR COUNTY is responsible for having that slot filled and if left unattended, consequences can follow the county for next year's competition.
- Standard Operating Procedures will follow this posting/email. Please familiarize yourself with the SOP's that pertain to your volunteer duties.
- PLEASE remember to ask questions if you don't understand something. Tracy Tucker is just a phone call or email away.
TRAP SCHEDULE 2013
Shotgun Cross Reference Report
Guidelines for State Competition (Word doc)
Name Badges for State Shoot (Word Doc)
Use Avery 74540 template- (This is a 3" x 4" name badge)
Name Badges for State Shoot Publisher File
**THIS FORM REQUIRED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS IN 22 PISTOL, AIR PISTOL, AND BLACK POWDER EVENTS.
Nicholasville, KY 40356
This competition is held once a year at the Bluegrass Sportsman’s Club located in Wilmore (Saturday) and at the Kentucky Wildlife Management Center located in Berea (Sunday) for junior and senior 4-H'ers.
Competitive events currently offered include:
Saturday's events are $12 per discipline and Sunday's trap fees are $12 (25 rounds), $18 (50 rounds) and $30 (100 rounds). MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:Kentucky 4-H Foundation with Shooting Sports Registration Fee on the memo line.
You do not have to qualify to participate, but county and/or multi-county participation of some sort is necessary. You must be listed on the county roster due in the State Office on July 1, 2013. Awards Recognition follows the competition.
**Rifle Shooters will need to bring their own mats/rugs for shooting - this is considered part of their basic shooting equipment**
PLEASE NOTE A RULE CHANGE IN 22 PISTOL AND BLACK POWDER PISTOL AGE GROUPS: 12 - 14 YEARS AND 15 - 18 YEARS ARE THE CATEGORIES.
Objectives The Shooting Sports program is designed to:
||Promote shooting safety and expertise on the county, multi-county and state level.|
||Give an awareness of the practical usefulness as well as pleasure of shooting.|
||Develop teamwork and strengthen Leader/4-H'er relationships.|
Locations and Dates:
- Bluegrass Sportsman's Club, Wilmore - September 14, 2013
- KY Wildlife Management Center, Berea - September 15, 2013
- To promote Shooting Sports programs across the state,
- Submit the Shooting Sports Roster for your county program NO LATER THAN JULY 1 of each year.
- Submit registration list and fees for the State Competition by 4:30 pm EST on August 1, 2013.
- Identify leaders to attend annual training session.
- Work with 4-H'ers on safety and expertise.
KENTUCKY 4-H SHOOTING SPORTS COMPETITIVE EVENT
SEPTEMBER 14 and 15, 2013.
- The County Shooting Sports Roster will qualify any 4-H member who later decides to participate in the State 4-H Shooting Competition.
Any 4-Her not an actively participating member of the local 4-H Club and/or not listed on the County Shooting Sports Roster will not be eligible to participate in the State 4-H Shooting Sports Competition. Rosters are due in the State Office by 4:30 pm EST on July 1, 2013.
- The County Shooting Sports Registration form is available on the 4-H web site. Please see above.
- Registrations and fees - (Saturday's events are $12 per discipline and Sunday's trap fees are $12 (25 rounds), $18 (50 rounds) and $30 (100 rounds)
- Registration CD or email attachment and Fees are due by 4:30 pm EST on August 1, 2013. Please send to KY 4-H SS Ed. COMM P.O. Box 361 Brookville, KY 41004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Competition Registration Form
- Please make out a check for the total amount payable to Kentucky 4-H Foundation, Inc. (with Shooting Sports registration fee on the memo line).
- Volunteer information must be received by 4:30 pm EST on August 15, 2013. Please send to KY 4-H SS Ed. COMM P.O. Box 361 Brookville, KY 41004 or email email@example.com
- ( See general rule #7)
- Prior to the State Competition, an email will be sent to the county containing a list of all participants registered with disciplines. Copies of maps to the events can also be printed from this website located above to the competition and the award ceremony. Please review the registration list and notify the State Office or Tuckekrs immediately of any errors.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. If a shooter is unable to attend, a substitute can fill that entry (same event, same age group) position by 4:30 pm EST on September 1, 2013. No new registrations may be made the day of the event OR after the August 1, deadline.
- No Changes/Substitutes the day of the event.
- Rifle Shooters will need to bring their own mats/rugs for shooting - this is considered part of their basic shooting equipment.
- Individuals may enter no more than 4 events, three on Saturday and one on Sunday. (See 2013 Rules).
- All contestants sign up as individuals (See 2013 Rules).
- All participants must be enrolled in a County 4-H Shooting Sports Club. They must be listed on the Roster due July 1 of each year in order to compete.
Contact Donna Fox @ 859-218-0994 or
IMPORTANT TRAP INFORMATION
As a result of a rule change for 2009 for Trap, the following are the trap range procedures to be used for the state shoot:
- After gun and shells are checked shooters will go to assigned stations.
- They will get one observation target. Each will get one practice target.
- After completing the first 25 shots, shooters will immediately get their second box of shells and return to their beginning station.
- There will be no observation target or practice shot.
- They will shoot their next 25 shots which will complete their round.