State 4-H Communication Day
When a former 4-H member is asked, "What did you gain through 4-H that has made the most impact on your career success?" the skill most often mentioned is public speaking.
Kentucky 4-H State Communications day is the state level culminating event for 4-Her's across the state. To participate in this event, 4-H members must qualify at area/district communications events. For more information, contact your county 4-H Youth Development Agent.
- Saturday, July 8, 2017
- Volunteers report at 8:00 a.m.
- Registration in rooms begins at 9:00 a.m.
- University of Kentucky Whitehall Classroom Building
- District winners participate
- Particpant Registration Form-County Use ONLY (link-password protected)
- Online Participant Registration (link-password protected)
- Category Descriptions
- Public Speaking Rules
- Demonstration Rules
- Mock Job Interview Contest Rules
- Agent Role and Information (link-password protected)
- Participant Information Letter
- Room Assignments - coming soon
- Campus Maps
- County summary form (link-password protected)
We need over 100 volunteers to serve as room hosts and judges for speeches and demonstrations. If you would like to volunteer please fill out the online volunteer registration below! Information on the contest can be found in the volunteer information letter. If you have never volunteered, the volunteer orientation video is a great resource.