We are dependent on earth’s natural resources. Everything from the air we breathe, to the water we drink, to the soil we use for food production--these resources are vital to our existence. Unsolved worldwide social problems need to be addressed by Kentucky youth and adults because…
- In the US, shortage of scientists & people understanding natural resource stewardship
- Under-representation of women and minorities in Natural Resource careers
- Need a diverse pool of trained scientists to frame and solve problems & educate others natural resource related areas
- General population in the US (& worldwide) lacks basic understanding of environmental resources)
Natural Resource - one of the 4-H Core Curriculum Areas. Looking for ways to introduce young people to the world of agriculture, natural resources and life sciences while expanding your collection of fun-filled science activities keyed to national standards? The Kentucky core areas go beyond just environmental camps. We've expanded to include several of the 4-H SET curriculums to support this program. http://www.ca.uky.edu/environment
Welcome to the 4-H Natural Resource program. Kentucky has a strong history of developing environmental program throughout the state. Youth and adults experience the fun and excitement of the outdoors as they explore and appreciate their environment. Natural Resource area falls under the new National 4-H Science area.
Kentucky 4-H program will help you.
Contact your county 4-H agent for more information on the opportunities available.
- Eco Wonders (curriculum)
- Fishing for Adventure
- Wood Science
4-H Beekeeping Essay Contest - Dr. Tom Webster (KSU)
4-H Natural Resource Environmental Science Academy (NRESci) Districts 1 & 2 only at this time.
- Three year program for middle school age (6-8 grades)
- Incoming classe begins October, selected enrollment
- Contact your local 4-H Agents
- Program outline: 1st Yr) Water, 2nd Yr) Water & Forestry, 3rd Yr) Water & Wildlife
Environmental Camps (Fall)
- North Central 4-H Camp -
- West KY 4-H Camp -
- Contact your local 4-H Agent for details